news

COVID-19: Australia to allow return of some 760 Chinese students

The Australian government said it will allow the return of some Chinese high school students who have been blocked from entering the country due coronavirus restrictions.

Australian officials said the targeted easing of the ban would allow about 760 Chinese high school students - none from Hubei province, which is the epicentre of the outbreak - to apply to return.

"It is incredibly important that we bring some normality back to the international student market," Education Minister Dan Tehan told reporters. "It is a small step we are taking, it is a precautionary step."

Total accumulated number of confirmed cases in mainland China has so far reach 76,288, and  the total death toll from the outbreak in mainland China reached 2,345 as of the end of February 21.

The step by the Australian authorities marked the first positive turn of event in favour of the virus ravage China since the outbreak. 

Countries banned Chinese visitations and canceled tour groups and events involving Chines nationals, airlines suspended flights to and fro with China and the neighboring countries including Russian closed their land borders to contain the spread of the mysterious but deadly virus  

No comments

Poster Speaks

Poster Speaks/box

Trending

randomposts